Plenty of news this sunny weekend for you!
Firstly, congratulations to Natasza in Year 2, who has won second prize in the Sant Pere de Ribes inter-schools Sant Jordi Artwork competition!
We are very proud of her- and of all the lovely paintings and drawings submitted by our school.
Please congratulate Natasza when you see her.
As decided at the Open Forum, Alex Hensel has prepared an outline of the role of Class Carer.
I have forwarded her email to you – please let us know if you are interested in this coordinating, organizational role.
Tomorrow Sunday, 10.45
Jardins Rafael Alberti.
This is at the entrance to the Roquetes district of Sant Pere de Ribes.
Access is by the Rambla del Pirulí, opposite the sports hall (Poliesportiu).
See the attached map with the red dot.
See you there with your Olive Tree top on!
Sant Jordi’s Day/Shakespeare Day
Fund-raising stalls, School Garden,
This lovely Catalan day of the book & the rose will be celebrated in school in the Spanish and Catalan lessons with re-telling of the legend and with artwork focusing on these themes.
Coincidentally, English schools now celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday on the same date: so we will also be celebrating this day with some of his poetry and stories.
Children will set up stalls in the school garden to sell their craftwork to raise money for La Mensa del Cor- please come in at 3.45 to buy some of the artwork on sale!
Reception, Years 1-4 Trip to CosmoCaixa (Science Museum)
See separate email for details if your child is in one of these classes.
- To Maisha, who kindly delivered our bags of food to La Mensa del Cor this month. And thank you to all who brought in food! We are starting again with an empty basket- please help us fill it all over again. La Mensa now feeds 47 children every day in their primary schools- that’s 40 more than at Christmas!
- To B and Arthur, who came in and dug the vegetable plot on Friday afternoon. Hard work in the sun! The plot is now ready to receive the seedlings, which are coming on very well in the classrooms.
- To Nancy, for completing the gorgeous fantasy tree mural by the Yr 3 classroom- it’s now ready to hang our favourite poems on!
- Thanks also to Sue Carlin, who came in and gave an interesting talk on local plant species to Yr 5/6 as part of their growing project.
- Also many thanks to Bing and Eric Kohner, who are doing a two-part workshop for staff on their field of expertise; personality types.
B’s great DIY idea
B has very kindly offered to make some benches for the grassy garden if we can all contribute the modest sum of 2 euros per child!
How do parents feel about this?
Perhaps you would give feedback to Alex Hensel.
Mini-Marathon on Paseo
Sunday 28th, 11.00 am
Children, staff and parents will meet under the Sitges church and run the length of the paseo to the Terramar Beach.
Please sponsor your children for this 2 km run- all money to La Mensa del Cor.
Bring a football, swimming things and a picnic for an easy beach afternoon afterwards!
Dates for your Diary
Monday 29th April, 3.00-4.00: Parents’ Workshop on Primary Maths
Wednesday 1st May: National holiday, school closed.
Have a good Sunday tomorrow!