Thank you to those who were able to make Meet The Teacher last Friday. There was great excitement about the new school year. At last, the big day arrives tomorrow!
Staff are also very excited to be welcoming our pupils back and to get started on some beautiful learning projects. You will be invited to share some of the work created as term gets underway.
A little checklist for you:
- a hat & suncream (already applied to exposed areas)
- trainers as everyday wear
- a refillable non-plastic water bottle, labelled with name
- lunch and a morning snack
- (Years 3-6) a diary
- pencil case including: protractor, scientific calculator, pens, ruler, rubber, highlighters and pencils
- a diary with dates in it
- 3 A4 ring binders & 1 A4 flat cardboard file with elastic
- a non-plastic bottle to refill
- snack and lunch
- trainers (may be left at school): PE lessons are every day this year for Years 8-10
- Years 8-9 only: a paddle bat on Wednesdays
- no mobile phones
No nuts in lunches and snacks, please
We have children in school with a severe allergy to peanuts and almonds.
To avoid any incidents, we would ask you not to send in any nuts with your child.
We appreciate your help in this.
Please sign up with Saray at email@example.com before 9.00 tomorrow if you haven’t already.
Cancellations: if your child is sick, please contact Saray before 9.15 on 93 1886215 or by email her in order to cancel his/her school lunch. You will not be charged if you cancel before this time.
Permission forms- please sign and return in Week 1
The admin department will shortly send you a range of permission forms to sign via the digital app docusign.
It is a very quick and simple way to sign and return documents to us.
- permission for short, one-day trips in the local area (Vilanova, Sitges or Sant Pere)
- permission to use your child’s images in our school newsletter and website (online)
- permission to use your child’s image on the parents’ Facebook page and Instagram
- permission for primary pupils to leave alone at 4.00 (no permission required for secondary pupils)
- permission for Year 10 to go offsite at lunchtime (no more than 1 km radius from school)
- permission to administer medication (where daily medicine is required)
Thank you for returning them to us by email in Week 1.
After-school clubs – sign up in Week 1
Please sign up in Week 1 (week beginning 9th Sept.) at the wooden table in the hall. You may also sign up with Saray at firstname.lastname@example.org
The price of each club will be on the paper sign-up list, or Saray can inform you.
Clubs begin in Week 2 (week beginning 16th Sept), except Musical Theatre, which begins in Week 3 with auditions for The Nutcracker.
This term’s clubs are:
- TAEKWONDO (Grant) Mondays & Thursdays- all ages, all levels Wednesdays Prep for Taekwondo -Years 1-2 only
- FRENCH INTERMEDIATE (Elisabeth) Year 6 and older Mondays 4.15 – 5.15
- FRENCH BEGINNERS primary (Elisabeth) Thursdays 4.15 -5.15
- HIKING CLUB SECONDARY (Katie) Day to be announced
- DANCE (Jessica) Tuesdays 4.15-5.30 Primary ballet & jazz
- Wednesdays time tbc Adult Ballet Sculpt (parents, staff & friends of the OT welcome)
- LAMDA Acting exams preparation (Anna) Tuesdays 4.30 – 6.30
- FRENCH BEGINNERS, primary (Elisabeth) Thursdays 4.15 -5.15
- BOARD GAMES PRIMARY – chess, Scrabble, UNO- (Mandi) Wednesdays 4.15 – 5.15
- BOARD GAMES SECONDARY -Catan, chess, cards, Cluedo- (Natalie) Thursdays 4.15 – 5.15
- MUSICAL THEATRE JUNIOR Wednesdays 4.15 – 6.00 The Nutcracker
- MUSICAL THEATRE SENIOR Wednesdays 6.00 – 8.00 The Nutcracker
- ORCHESTRA, all levels and ages welcome (Nicole) Wednesdays 1.00 in Music Room
- FOOTBALL Junior Years 2- 5 Tuesdays 4.15 – 5.15 (Maeloc) Senior Years 6 and up Thursdays 4.15 – 5.15 (Josh)
- INSTRUMENTAL LESSONS (one-to-one) available in piano, drums, guitar, classical guitar, violin, cello and viola, saxophone, clarinet- contact Anna email@example.com
Tea party for new families
Thursday 12th, 3.15, in the primary library
New families, please join Theresa, Audrey and other parents who are new to the school for tea and a chat.
Hope you can make it.
Please let us know if we can help you with anything in these first few days of term, when so much is new.
Have a good week!