Our Admissions Policy and Guide
Children are welcome to join us at any time during the year. Mid-term registrations require the same procedures and documents for admission.
Pre-term admissions for the following school year (starting September) take place in March / April. However, you may start the application process at any time.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ‘reserve’ a place before March. However, it is possible to sign up to the waiting list at any time.
Availability of Places
Availability is checked in each instance and depends upon whether there are spaces free in any given class or if there is a child leaving a currently full class.
We have small class sizes and only one class per year group. This can affect availability, so we encourage early applications where possible.
- Nursery and Reception (Saplings) maximum 20 children combined
- Year 1 and Year 2 maximum 14 children per class
- Year 3 to Year 6 maximum 18 children per class
- Year 7 to Year 11 maximum 14 children per class
If we cannot offer you a place, you may fill in a Waiting List Form (please contact us for details), which requires a non-refundable 100 euro waiting list fee. Your child’s name will then be added to the waiting list. Children on the wait list are offered places before any other interested families when places become available.
While there is always movement and change in our International school setting, the waiting list in no way guarantees a place, as it is impossible to predict if and when a place may become available.
Academic and Language Assessment
We assess children’s English levels, as we are committed to providing a high level of English within our classes. British inspectors have praised both our very high level of English as a school and our effective immersion programs. We assess students individually in terms of age, class entry, and whether extra English support is required.
Applying to the Olive Tree
Below is our simple step by step guide to the admissions process at Olive Tree. We are here to help, so if you have any queries or questions about the school or admissions process, please do email us.
We recommend booking a visit so that you can see our amazing teaching staff in action and our active and engaged children. A visit will really help you to get a feel for the school community and our very special ethos.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- STEP 1: After contacting the admissions office via the admissions request form on the website, families will be invited to visit the school for a brief tour and chat with Headteacher Audrey Reeder. Families who do not live locally may take this step at a later point.
- STEP 2: After the tour, families who wish to register are asked to send their children’s latest school reports and any other documents that may be of interest.
- STEP 3: For children registering from Year 1 upwards a two to three day trial period is set, for Saplings children (our Nursery and Reception Years), a few hours play time in the classroom is sufficient, for this, families fill in the Trial Days Consent Form.
- STEP 4: After the trial, families may register by filling in the Registration Form and the Medical Form, and by paying the registration fee to the bank account indicated on the form.